The RYA Coastal Skipper and Yachtmaster theory course prepares you for the practical where you can then put it all into practice. It is an extensive advanced Navigation course for Motor and Sail with practical exercises using training charts and almanac to make it as realistic as possible. This is essential prior to complete the MCA Yachtmaster exam, we offer the course online and in the classroom,
- Advanced navigation
- Passage Planning and Pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- Course to steurt and Estimated position
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
Do I need to complete this prior to the Yachtmaster Exam?
Yes we strongly advice completing all the Yachtmaster theory, there is so much in the course that will help you with the exam, especially practicing traditional navigation and working out of tides. Extensive revision of collision regulations, day shapes, lights etc
When is the exam?
There is three exams, concentrating on chart work, meteorology and general knowledge. You can take the exams from home but if looking to use the Yachtmaster for commercial use then this should be completed at the centre.
How long is the course?
The course is 6 days in the classroom or the equivalent time online
- 6 Months access to the online training
- Navigation pack, post is at cost
- Pack includes training charts, almanac, handbook & Plotter
- 24/7 online instructor support
Absolutely amazing experience! Staff was so lovely accommodated for the occasion! was able to stop off and have a sunset swim. Beautiful sights of the coast line! Thank you so... read more
agosto 1, 2022
Our family had the best sunset cruise our Captain, Faith was incredible and Lily our first mate was so kind and fun. Do not miss this incredible cruise worth eve
agosto 1, 2021