The RYA Yachtmaster theory course prepares you for the practical where you can then put it all into practice. It is an extensive course for Motor and Sail with practical exercises using training charts and almanac to make it as realistic as possible. This is essential prior to complete the MCA Yachtmaster exam, we offer the course online and in the classroom
- Advanced navigation
- Passage Planning and Pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- Course to steurt and Estimated position
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- emergency and safety procedures including distress calls,use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
Do I need to complete this prior to the Yachtmaster Exam?
Yes we strongly advice completing all the Yachtmaster theory, there is so much in the course that will help you with the exam, especially practicing traditional navigation and working out of tides. Extensive revision of collision regulations, day shapes, lights etc
When is the exam?
There is three exams, concentrating on chart work, meteorology and general knowledge. You can take the exams from home but if looking to use the Yachtmaster for commercial use then this should be completed at the centre.
How long is the course?
The course is 6 days in the classroom or the equivalent time online
- 6 Months access to the online training
- Navigation pack, post is at cost
- Pack includes training charts, almanac, handbook & Plotter
- 24/7 online instructor support
Great staff and great boat. Everione very friendly. The boat was impecable!! I do recomend this activité.
septiembre 1, 2020
We loved this sunset sail. Faye and her crew were very kind, served us unlimited wine and beer and a few olives and chips to snack on. Beautiful views of... read more
octubre 1, 2019